Marriage based Green Card – Required Forms – Living in USA

Here’s the list of USCIS forms you will need to file for a green card through marriage officially referred to as Adjustment of Status through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen.

Follow these instructions as long as both the spouses i.e. U.S. Citizen and Green Card Applicant are living in the U.S.A.

Please note that USCIS changed the forms recently, and we are amidst the process of updating our instructions. In the meanwhile, below is an accurate list of the forms needed.

There are four (4) Required forms that you must file, and two (2) Optional forms that you may file or not, depending on your needs.

Required Forms:
  1. USCIS Form I-130
  2. USCIS Form I-130A
  3. USCIS Form I-485
  4. USCIS Form I-864
Optional Forms:
  1. USCIS Form I-765
  2. USCIS Form I-131

At the moment don’t burden yourself with trying to understand what each one of these do. We’ll take you through them in a logical manner, and along the way we’ll explain what each one does as it becomes pertinent. Let’s begin with the Required forms and once we’re done with those, we’ll discuss the Optional ones.

Legal Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any U.S. Government Agency. We are not Immigration Attorneys and no content on this website should be construed as legal advice.


Log in


Forgot your details?

Create Account