I-864 question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Thu H Nguyen
      Participant

I have several questions regarding the I-864 form. I greatly appriciate for your answers.
      1/ How many people are allowed to fill this form? Is it possible for 2 people to be my aponsors?
      2/ My Uncle will be the one who sponsor me. He lives with his wife, who is working for a nail salon; his 12-year-old son, and his Mom, who receives her retirement money every month. He has just sponsored for the parents of his niece. In that case, if he want to sponsor me, what is the minimum income that he has to have to do that?

gcEZ Team

Hi @cathynguyen90

1. Two (2) sponsors are allowed to file this form.

2. Use “Part 5. Sponsors Household Size” of USCIS I-864 form to calculate Household Size. Then refer to USCIS I-864p to check if the 125% of HHS Poverty Guidelines Minimum Income Requirement is met.

Also ensure they’re meeting the the sponsor requirements per I-864 Instructions to verify they meet all the requirements to be your sponsor.

Hope this helps!

Disclaimer: While we do everything to make sure we’re providing you with the most accurate information, we want to inform you that we’re not attorneys/lawyers, and this isn’t legal advice. Use your discretion and check with immigration attorney(s) if you have specific questions regarding your case.

Thu H Nguyen
      Participant

Thank you so much for your answers! So does the Household size includes everyone regardless the fact that they are employed and have their own source of income?

gcEZ Team

Hi @cathynguyen90

If you look at the Part 5 in Form I-854, it gives you a very simple table to calculate the Sponsor’s Household size. Enter numbers for questions 1 to 7, as they apply to the Sponsor. Question 8 is simply adding it up to get Sponsor’s Household size. Keep in mind, do NOT count anyone more than once.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must <a class='bp-menu bp-login-nav kleo-show-login' href='#'>Log In</a> to reply.

Legal Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any U.S. Government Agency. We are not Immigration Attorneys and no content on this website should be construed as legal advice.

©2020 GREENCARDEZ, LLC

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account