How to fill form I-765

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #2645
      karma: 30
      rank: rookie

      My story is the following:

      In order —>>> F1 visa —> OPT (EAD) —> F1 visa (transferred college) —> OPT(EAD) —> H1B visa —> H-1B visa (new employer – my current visa) —> Married to a USC and applying to GC.

      Based on that, What should be my answers to questions 1 (“I’m applying for”), 11 (“have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS”? “Which USCIS Office”?

      Thank you!

    • #2646
      Jose Munoz
      karma: 49
      rank: rookie

      Hi @drorbar

      Have you checked out this link:

      Look under the instructions tab.

      #1) Permission to accept Employment
      #11) Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?
      Select “Yes” if you have obtained an EAD as a part of your Student OPT, even if it has expired since, and mention Office and Date
      Date is the start date mentioned on your EAD
      Select “No”, if never applied before

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must <a class='bp-menu bp-login-nav kleo-show-login' href='#'>Log In</a> to reply.

Legal Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with any U.S. Government Agency. We are not Immigration Attorneys and no content on this website should be construed as legal advice.


Log in


Forgot your details?

Create Account