Purpose: U.S. Government requires Green Card applicants to be current on select vaccines and medical records before they can issue a Green Card. Form I-693 is a report of your medical examination and vaccination records.
This page contains easy to follow step-by-step Form I-693 instructions.
- Who is filing Form I-693: Green Card Applicant
- Filing Fee for Form I-693: $0
- However, the physician will charge you a fee for it, which may vary
Tips & Checks:
- You must visit a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon only.
- When you schedule an appointment, check with them if they will furnish the form or you need to bring one with you. If you need to bring one with you, download the form and follow the instructions below. If not skip over to Next Step: Optional Forms.
- Make sure the civil surgeon provides Form I-693 to you in a sealed envelope.
- Prior to sealing the envelope, you will be required to sign the form.
- Ensure all your information on form is correct..
- Insurance will not cover the cost of the physical.
- Vaccines and some tests, vaccines such as X-Rays Td/Tdap etc. may be covered by Insurance.
- Check out the I-693 Instructions section below for our awesome instructions.
Form I-693 Instructions
This is Green Card Applicant’s Information
- Most fields are Self Explanatory.
- File Number A.
- “None” if you don’t have one
- Quite common you won’t have one.
- If you’re a student, who’s been issued a EAD card for OPT before, write “none” (without the quotes).
- Part 2 onwards will be completed by the Civil Surgeon
Form I-693 Instructions FAQs
Per USCIS, Form I-693 is used to report results of a medical examination to USCIS. The examination is required to establish that an applicant is not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.
Form I-693 is a report of your medical examination and vaccination records.
Yes, these Form I-693 instructions are limited to Green Card by Marriage when both spouses are physically present in the U.S.
If you’re looking for Form I-693 instructions for a different category, please navigate to the appropriate category using website navigation menu or by performing a search using the search bar.
In this case viz. Marriage based Green Card, the Green Card Applicant has to file Form I-693.
Detailed field level instructions can be found in Form I-693 Instructions section above.