Purpose: Form I-131 has to be filed by the Green Card Applicant to obtain Advance Parole Travel document. Upon approval of this application, the applicant may travel outside the U.S. even if Green Card application is in progress.
This page contains easy to follow step-by-step Form I-131 instructions.
- Who is filling Form I-131: Green Card Applicant
- Form I-131 Filing Fee: $0 (when filed with Form I-485)
Tips and Checks:
- Fill using BLACK ink
- I recommend saving a local copy, so you don’t lose your entered data
- Make sure the form hasn’t expired. Expiration date is stated on the top right corner of the form.
- For items that are Not-Applicable, write “N/A” (without the quotes)
- For item that have the answer none, write “none” (without the quotes)
- For those who have already taken, or are planning on taking your spouse’s last name, use your new last name while filling the application.
- It does not matter if your SSN, Drivers License, Passport etc. have not been updated to reflect your new name. Your marriage certificate suffices the name change requirement
- Select the Form I-131 Instructions tab above for our awesome instructions.
- If that doesn’t work for you or you’re curious about how cryptic they can be, download USCIS’s Instructions
Form I-131 Instructions
- Coming Soon…
That concludes the Form I-131 Instructions. If you have any thoughts, questions, or clarifications on Form I-765 Instructions , feel free to ask and/or discuss them in Form I-131 forums.